7 Apr 2021
Full-Time Deputy Director for Finance and Administration for Integrated Mobility Division
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with over 165 reviews.
We are looking for an strategic mobility leader to serve as the Deputy Director for Finance and Administration in NCDOT’s Integrated Mobility Division (IMD). You will be a critical contributor to IMD management by providing a strong professional presence, expertise, business sense, strategic vision, and a strong desire to help improve our overall internal control environment. This role is a senior member of our IMD leadership team
In this role you will:
- Manage and lead a team of mid-level managers, transportation consultants, and subject matter experts in procurement, finance, and grant administration.
- Manage finance, procurement, grant administration, contracting, safety security training, and compliance for NC Integrated Mobility.
- Create and manage the IMD budget, spend plan and funding forecasting, including ongoing review and adjustment of Division budget to maximize funding efficacy and ensure alignment between obligations and expenditures for each fiscal year.
- Oversee administration of all federal and state grants, including the application process, development of agreements, payment of reimbursement claims, and all associated oversight responsibilities.
- Have a substantial, direct impact on the effectiveness, efficiency and safety of public transportation services and multimodal programs statewide and the financial stability of organizations that receive federal and state transportation funding.
- Represent the IMD Director and Division at local, state and national meetings/forums/conferences, etc. with elected officials and system officials.
What You Bring
- A clear understanding of all Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs) related to public transportation and bike/pedestrian programs, Circulars, Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Master Agreements, Federal Register notices pertinent to IMD activities, and other guidance required to understand compliance and oversight of FTA and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) programs; OMB Circulars that apply to financial and program oversight; state laws; and, NCDOT policies and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of local, state and federal guidelines and regulations related to public transportation and bicycle/pedestrian programs.
- In-depth knowledge of professional accounting theories, principles, practices and procedures, and experience in applying this knowledge as associated with grants administration.
- Considerable knowledge of collection and analysis of financial data pertinent to transportation programs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate complex and unique issues, independently resolve complex problems where no clear precedent exists, implement new accounting structures as needed, and consult with management to achieve/supervise/implement identified resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently serve as a technical resource for the Director, senior NCDOT leaders, the Division and external transportation partners.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with local, state and federal officials, private transportation providers, and private consultants.
- Good communications skills to convey concise, comprehensive, and accurate findings on matters of a complex nature in an organized manner in both verbal and written forms.
- Skills to provide conclusions and recommendations based on extensive professional knowledge and judgment.
- Ability to oversee unit organization supervisor to ensure compliance with all personnel matters including recruitment, selection process, performance management, and disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Skills to plan, organize and direct activities of professional staff and handle our most difficult challenges.
- Experience in auditing and administration of federal/state funds.
- Supervisory experience.
- Computer skills in SAP and EBS/partner Connect.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Excel and Access.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in urban and regional planning, transportation planning, engineering, business administration, or economics, and
- 3 years experience in public transportation planning or administration, or community planning; or
- Bachelor’s degree in urban and regional planning, transportation planning, engineering, business administration, or economics , and
- 5 years experience in the collection and analysis of economic and social data and information, one of which must have been in public transportation planning or administration, or community planning in a supervisory capacity; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Faye T. McCullen at 919-707-4685.
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
How to Apply
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/3039064/deputy-director-for-finance-and-administration by Apr 19, 2021 at Midnight EST to be considered.
20 total views, 2 today