This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
6 Apr 2021
Internship NCDOT Summer Internship for HBCU/MSI Students
Are you a student attending an HBCU/MSI college looking for a PAID summer internship where you can make a difference in Smart Transportation?
How to Apply
You MUST apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/3011168/hbcu-intern by April 12, 2021 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 165+ reviews.
NCDOT’s HBCU/MSI Summer Internship Program delivers an immersive experience and is open to students attending a historically black college/university (HBCU) or minority-serving college/university (MSI) in North Carolina, or a North Carolina student attending an out-of-state HBCU/MSI to immerse yourself in a meaningful summer transportation project.
NCDOT’s divisions are competing for your talent and have submitted formal transportation projects for you to choose for your internship. In our 10-week summer program you will build relationships with NCDOT professionals and gain skills that will help you stand out and succeed in your career. You will work on our real-world smart transportation projects, and engage with professionals – from visiting our ferry ports, to learning from our dynamic service teams and leaders, to exploring different career paths, and collaborating with your peers to assist us in addressing critical transportation business challenges.
Internships are available across the State of North Carolina. If selected, you will receive a warm welcome, formal orientation, attend professional development meetings, and have informal sessions with mentors and senior leaders.
There are multiple internships, all paying $15 an hour. You will complete a final internship presentation on your project(s) at the program end to the NCDOT team.
You should carefully review our available projects (https://www.ncdot.gov/initiatives-policies/students-youth/internship-programs/Pages/Map.aspx) and select your top 2 projects of interest when applying.
What You Bring
- An interest or passion in transportation or public service in areas such as engineering, business, civil rights, drones, planning, R&D, Customer Service, aviation, ferry, intermobility, accounting, public service, the environment, or more.
- You are currently a student at a North Carolina HBCU/MSI and are enrolled in a bachelors, masters or professional level program, or you are an NC resident attending an HBCU/MSI outside of North Carolina
- You have achieved a GPA of 2.5+ (on a 4.0 scale).
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- A positive attitude and collaborative team spirit.
Get Ready for an Adventure
- Do your research to help prepare for your interview. Learn about NCDOT and our business areas that interest you.
- Watch the keynotes from our latest Transportation Summit at https://www.ncdot.gov/news/events/Pages/2020-01-08-nc-transportation-summit.aspx to gain insights into some of the award-winning work we are doing in leading the smart transportation revolution!
- Check out our Social Media channels for other insights: https://www.ncdot.gov/news/social-media/Pages/default.aspx
- Practice your interview skills by discussing your volunteer and work experience with a family member, friend, or mentor.
Email me: JoAna McCoy at email@example.com.
Learn more about NCDOT’s HBCU/SMI Internships at https://bit.ly/NCDOTHBCU
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
How to Apply
How to Apply
- Review available projects (https://www.ncdot.gov/initiatives-policies/students-youth/internship-programs/Pages/Map.aspx) and select your top 2. (Use their assigned project number when applying.)
- Go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/3011168/hbcu-intern to create your application.
- Attach a copy of your current college transcript showing your GPA.
- Indicate your top 2 internship projects using their assigned project number.
- Attach a letter of recommendation from a non-family member, and email it to HBCUprograms@ncdot.gov with the Subject Line of "HBCU/MSI Internship Program Recommendation Letter"
- Submit your completed application before April 12, 2021 at midnight EST.
12 total views, 1 today